Thank you for planting a tree and making New York City a greener place to live. Make sure that your tree(s) are counted and contribute to our goal.
Here are a few things to remember before registering your tree:
- MillionTreesNYC will only be counting trees that are the size of a 2 gallon container and are 2-3 feet tall.
- Trees planted in planter boxes, shrubs and seedlings are not counted.
- Street and park trees will be counted by the Parks Department.
- If you participated in a volunteer tree-planting activity, ask the volunteer coordinator to register your trees as an organization to ensure that the trees are not counted twice.
- If you received your tree at one of our giveaways, and you filled out a Tree Adoption form, then your trees have already been counted.
If you are representing an organization which has planted ten or more trees, please report all plantings by downloading our tree count submission template (XML file), filling out the necessary information for the various fields included, and sending the completed form to [email protected].
Any questions regarding reporting of trees to MillionTreesNYC may be directed to [email protected].
If you are interested in learning more about taking care of your tree visit our Care page.