Get Tree Care Rolling with the TreeLC Truck
What is the TreeLC Truck? Think of it as a traveling toolkit of supplies and mulch for your next tree care event on your block. The TreeLC Truck is a Parks vehicle that can provide mulch, trowels, weeder tools, cultivators, hoses, buckets, gloves, and a hydrant wrench. The Parks employee driving the TreeLC Truck will provide direction and advice throughout your event, and will answer any questions. Once the tree care work is completed for the day, the Truck driver will load up all tools and supplies.
Who can ask for one? You can request a visit from the TreeLC Truck if you’ve completed a TreeLC Care Captain workshop. You must plan a Tree Care event with at least 15 other people, and care for a minimum 15 young street trees planted in 2007 or later. We’ll confirm the TreeLC Truck’s availability two weeks in advance of your event. Please note the TreeLC Truck operates rain or shine.
How do I request a visit?
- Please complete the TreeLC Truck Request Form and send it to us one week before your TreeLC Truck day. Contact MillionTreesNYC by email at [email protected].
- Contact us at least three weeks prior to your tree care event, and let us know the date, time and location for your TreeLC event.
- We will confirm the Truck’s availability at least two weeks before your event.
- Pending availability, the Truck will come to your block for two hours, fully loaded with everything you need to provide a greater level of TreeLC.
- Please note, you may sign up for only one TreeLC Truck visit in a calendar year.
- TreeLC Truck activities will resume in spring 2014.
The TreeLC Truck will provide the following supplies: